Florida International University (FIU) is conducting a series of D&D Tech Talks focusing on several D&D topics relevant to the DOE EM Complex. On January 24, 2023, FIU featured a Tech Talk from István Szőke, from the Institute for Energy Technology in Norway, who shared an international perspective on decommissioning with focus on 3D hazard aware digital and robotics technology based transformation. The presentation was centered around some of the most dominant international trends related to 3D digital and robotics technology based transformation of nuclear decommissioning and waste management, and presented important international developments aiming at furthering these trends.
István Szőke, PhD
Principal Scientist, Research Manager - Applied Physics Head of Research - DECOM Cluster
- Research manager of the Applied Physical Sciences department of the Institute for Energy Technology in Norway
- Head of Research for the DECOM Cluster for Decommissioning and Repurposing
- Technical leader of the IAEA designated International Collaborating Centre for ‘Digitalisation of knowledge management for nuclear decommissioning’
- Initiator and general chair of the DigiDecom workshop and training series focusing on AI, data and robotics based transformation, and
- Responsible for the HADRON, Hazard Aware Digitalisation and Robotics in Nuclear and other domains laboratory
Joining the meeting instructions
This event is being hosted using Microsoft Teams. It is required for every attendee to have this app installed on their desktop or mobile device. You can download this app from the following link or use the links of the sidebar for mobile devices.
This event is sponsored by The U.S. Department of Energy