IRB 14000 YuMi
Category: Robotics > Other > Other
Reference # : Model No :
This dual arm robot is designed to to maximize automation potential in industry. YuMi® is designed for small parts assembly, where people and robots work side-by-side on the same tasks. Safety is built into the functionality of the robot itself.
Each magnesium arm flexes on seven axes to mimic humanlike movements with spatial efficiency. The robot was specifically designed to meet the flexible and agile production needs required by the consumer electronics industry. Thanks to its dual-arms, flexible hands, universal parts feeding system, camera-based part location and motion control, YuMi has equal application in any small parts assembly environment.
- Can operate equally effectively side-by-side or
face-to-face with human coworkers.
- Servo grippers (the “hands”) include options for
- Real-time algorithms set a collision-free path for each arm customized for the required task.
- Padding protects coworkers in high-risk areas by
absorbing force if contact is made.
- If the robot encounters an unexpected object – even a slight contact with a coworker – it can pause its motion within milliseconds, and the motion can be restarted again as easily as pressing play on a remote control.
- Pinch points have been eliminated or minimized to an acceptable level between moving parts, and between moving and stationary parts.
YuMi IRB 14000