Category: Characterization > Monitors > Inorganic Matter Detectors
Reference # : Model No :
The AQUAscat® 1000L has applications in sediment transport studies, including measurement of suspended sediment profiles, precision altimetry, dredge plumes and turbulence.The AQUAscat transmits pulses of high frequency sound on up to four transducers, each of which may operate at a different frequency. It measures the sound scattered by sediment or other suspended materials at discrete spatial intervals programmable from 2½ millimetres to 4 centimetres.
• The AQUAscat 1000L can observe profiles of up to 10 m.
• With the AQUAscat 1000L, you can choose between 7 frequencies (300 kHz, 500 kHz, 1 MHz, 2 MHz, 2.5 MHz, 4 MHz and 5 MHz) and benefit from having the most appropriate frequencies for your research. The instrument can use up to 4 frequencies at a time.
• With a plastic weatherproof case, the AQUAscat 1000L is designed to enable effective sediment research in the laboratory.
• The AQUAscat 1000L is supplied with up to 4 cabled transducers (that measure 4 m in length) to give greater flexibility in your research.
• Aquatec offer an optional turbidity sensor that can be integrated with the AQUAscat 1000L. This provides a separate single point measurement of turbidity, giving optical measurements as well as acoustic.
• Also available are cabled temperature and pressure sensors.