Category: Characterization > Monitors > Inorganic Matter Detectors
Reference # : Model No :
The AQUAscat 1000LT transmits pulses of high frequency sound on two transducers, each of which operate at a different frequency. It measures the sound scattered by sediment or other suspended materials at 10 mm spatial intervals, giving profiles of 2.5 m. Profiling allows sediment dynamics such as resuspension and entrainment to be explored, which is not possible with single point measurements. The instrument is supplied with the latest software that allows the particle size and concentration to be calculated from the acoustic backscatter output.
• The AQUAscat 1000LT can observe profiles of up to 2.5 m.
• Using set frequencies of 1 MHz and 4 MHz, the AQUAscat 1000LT allows you to determine the mean grain size and concentration of suspended materials.
• The self-contained instrument has 2 integrated transducers to give quick and simple deployment and operation. It contains a rechargeable battery making it suitable for repeat deployments.
• With a depth rating of 200 m, the AQUAscat 1000LT is ideal for use in shallower waters.
• The instrument also has integrated pressure and temperature sensors.