Not a registered user? click here for U.S. registration or here for international registration. Forgot your password? Click here
Search the D&D KM-IT
The hotline allows the decommissioning and dismantlement community to post problems
in a specific decommissioning and dismantlement (D&D) area and get solutions
from the subject matter specialists. Users can also search for previously published
problems and their solutions.
Technology provides information on decommissioning and dismantlement related technologies including robotics
and any associated demonstrations. It provides technology descriptions, benefits,
limitations, and associated links and documents. It also provides vendor information,
technology and demonstration fact sheet reports, and search capabilities.
The custom decommissioning and dismantlement web crawler searches and retrieve information
from decommissioning and dismantlement related websites. The crawler provides the
user with a listing of best-matching web pages, usually with a short summary containing
the document's title or parts of the text.
The mobile system component provides access to important D&D KM-IT features through wireless devices. The D&D community users can access the following modules from their mobile devices: vendor directory, specialist directory, hotline, technology information, picture library, lessons learned and best practices, and the fixative module.
Lessons learned provides a repository of documents published by the decommissioning
and dismantlement community users. This allows them to share their experience with
Best practices provides a repository of decommissioning and dismantlement best practices
documents that the user community can upload to the system.
The video/picture library allows community users to upload decommissioning and dismantlement
technology and demonstration videos and pictures to the decommissioning and dismantlement
KM-IT system. The videos and pictures could then be viewed by the decommissioning
and dismantlement community.
Weekly reports published by the ALARA center include the status of the decommissioning
and dismantlement activities that have taken place at various centers. It includes
the list of ALARA center activities for consecutive weeks. This feature makes the
reports available to the entire decommissioning and dismantlement user community.
The specialist directory provides a directory of decommissioning and dismantlement
experts in different areas along with their contact information. The user can search
the specialist directory by name or by area of interest.
Vendor management provides a directory of decommissioning and dismantlement vendors
along with their contact information.
Collaboration tools provides information-sharing mechanisms such as decommissioning
and dismantlement news, events calendars, links, message boards, and frequently
asked questions (FAQs). This allows the decommissioning and dismantlement community
to interact with fellow users.
The training component provides training videos related to decommissioning and dismantlement
work, ALARA Centers’ training material and custom training for the decommissioning
and dismantlement community.
Category: Worker Health & Safety > Personal Protective Equipment > Body Protection
Reference # : Model No :
The Anti-Contamination Encapsulating Suit is a one-piece, single-use, supplied-air, positive-pressure bubble suit with either remote or portable ventilation.
• PVC, PU or vinyl acetate (available with fire-retardant treatment).
• Vinyl acetate suit can be incinerated.
• Reinforced elbows, knees and crotch for increased durability.
• Dual zipper system—metal zipper plus a PVC zipper—provides mechanical strength and gas and liquid impermeability.
• Transparent PVC hood with distortion-free visor gives 180° field of vision.
• Air flow is adjustable from 19 to 43 cfm to adapt to different cooling and breathing needs.
• Integrated manifold system distributes air throughout the suit to remove metabolic heat and keep visor from fogging.
• Useful for work in hot environments (up to approximately 100ºF) such as steam generator platform, Rx Cavity, CRD and under vessel applications.
• Manifold system maintains low noise levels: <78 dBa at 43 cfm.
• Two patented exhaust valves prevent suction of contaminants in case of loss of supplied air or if certain body movements create a sudden negative pressure.
• Also available with portable fan and filters for situations where a supplied-air line is impractical.
• Integrated overshoes and PVC gloves make suiting up easier and eliminate potential leakage points.
• Total weight of suit is less than 3 lbs.
• Air-borne Protection Factor in excess of 80,000 for flow-rates from 500 L/min to 1000 L/min.
• Protection from Discrete Radioactive Particles (DRP).
• Undressing strip results in contamination free workers.
Design and Development by
Applied Research Center at
Florida International University with Department of Energy Environmental Management
Download Original Management of D&D of Oak Ridge
Building 3505 | After
You are sharing the page
The link "Label"
will be shared with the e-mail recipient.
* Optional field