Not a registered user? click here for U.S. registration or here for international registration. Forgot your password? Click here
Search the D&D KM-IT
The hotline allows the decommissioning and dismantlement community to post problems
in a specific decommissioning and dismantlement (D&D) area and get solutions
from the subject matter specialists. Users can also search for previously published
problems and their solutions.
Technology provides information on decommissioning and dismantlement related technologies including robotics
and any associated demonstrations. It provides technology descriptions, benefits,
limitations, and associated links and documents. It also provides vendor information,
technology and demonstration fact sheet reports, and search capabilities.
The custom decommissioning and dismantlement web crawler searches and retrieve information
from decommissioning and dismantlement related websites. The crawler provides the
user with a listing of best-matching web pages, usually with a short summary containing
the document's title or parts of the text.
The mobile system component provides access to important D&D KM-IT features through wireless devices. The D&D community users can access the following modules from their mobile devices: vendor directory, specialist directory, hotline, technology information, picture library, lessons learned and best practices, and the fixative module.
Lessons learned provides a repository of documents published by the decommissioning
and dismantlement community users. This allows them to share their experience with
Best practices provides a repository of decommissioning and dismantlement best practices
documents that the user community can upload to the system.
The video/picture library allows community users to upload decommissioning and dismantlement
technology and demonstration videos and pictures to the decommissioning and dismantlement
KM-IT system. The videos and pictures could then be viewed by the decommissioning
and dismantlement community.
Weekly reports published by the ALARA center include the status of the decommissioning
and dismantlement activities that have taken place at various centers. It includes
the list of ALARA center activities for consecutive weeks. This feature makes the
reports available to the entire decommissioning and dismantlement user community.
The specialist directory provides a directory of decommissioning and dismantlement
experts in different areas along with their contact information. The user can search
the specialist directory by name or by area of interest.
Vendor management provides a directory of decommissioning and dismantlement vendors
along with their contact information.
Collaboration tools provides information-sharing mechanisms such as decommissioning
and dismantlement news, events calendars, links, message boards, and frequently
asked questions (FAQs). This allows the decommissioning and dismantlement community
to interact with fellow users.
The training component provides training videos related to decommissioning and dismantlement
work, ALARA Centers’ training material and custom training for the decommissioning
and dismantlement community.
Category: Worker Health & Safety > Personal Protective Equipment > Body Protection
Reference # : Model No :
This garment is approved for protection against high radioactive contamination, where high air flow for heat stress cooling and maintaining a high protection factor (PF) is required. The system involves the integration of a high-powered blowing unit and four (4) high efficiency particle filter cartridges. The Micronel blowing unit enables the user to receive filtered air which is circulated to the user, thus insuring maximum cooling and protection. This suit system liberates the user of a conventional supplied air line, thus giving the worker total freedom of movement to perform his job function.
• Low noise level <75db
• Large field of vision
• Reinforced elbows, and knees along with anti-skid footing
• Anti-contamination protection sleeve for supplied air connection
• Dual Zipper system- metal plus PVC provides mechanical strength and gas and liquid permeability.
• The blowing unit supplies filtered air at 15-23 CFM.
• Lightweight (6 lb) package is strategically positioned on the back not to impede mobility or comfort. This suit moves with you in order to maximize mobility.
• Unique air distribution network insures maximum comfort and protection.
• Integrated overshoes, and PVC gloves makes suiting up easier and eliminates potential leakage points.
• Lifetime guarantee on blowing unit.
• Unit can operate up to 8 hours at 15 CFM.
• Air-borne Protection Factor in excess of 20,000.
• Certified to EN 1073-1 Class 4 PF > 20,000.
• One to three minutes of breathable air in the suit in case of failure of air supply.
• Tear-away strip running from wrist to wrist permits emergency doffing of suit in less than 5 seconds, as well as easy removal of the suit preventing cross contamination.
• Tear-away strip in front of the mouth permits emergency breathing.
• The blowing unit is enclosed in the suit jacket, on the inside thus eliminating the risk for contamination.
• Has been tested and certified to EN 1073-1 "Supplied air suits for protection against Contamination"
• Application tested in a variety of nuclear fuel cycle applications.
Design and Development by
Applied Research Center at
Florida International University with Department of Energy Environmental Management
Download Original Management of D&D of Oak Ridge
Building 3505 | After
You are sharing the page
The link "Label"
will be shared with the e-mail recipient.
* Optional field