Category: Decontamination > Mechanical Surface Removal > Scabbling , Mechanical
Reference # : Model No : Brokk BM 250
The Robotic Dismantler/Decontaminator utilizes Brokk 250 as a base machine and a variety of interchangeable head attachments to perform dismantling or surface decontamination work. Brokk 250 is a remotely operated and electrically driven demolition machine. Head attachments that can be equipped to the Brokk 250 include but are not limited to hydraulic hammer, hydraulic shear, concrete crusher, hydraulic drill, digging bucket, shrouded vacuum, mechanical cutters or other abraders. For the purpose of this demonstration, a shrouded vacuum SH-U11 scabbler was demonstrated for surface removal on concrete and metal surfaces. The system is operated through a hand-held pendant box.
Dimensions and weight:
Brokk 250: transport length 142", transport height 70", width 47" and operating width: 97"
Weight: 6,750 lbs
Scabbler: 24"L x 17"W x 18"H, 410 lbs.
1. The remotely controlled equipment reduces workers' exposure to contamination.
2. Little secondary waste is generated.
3. One machine, multiple functions: dismantlement and decontamination.
4. Majority of the waste is captured by vacuum, reducing the release of contaminants to the environment.
5. High productivity.
1. Equipment cannot access to confined regions due to its large size (5' x 6' x 8' high).
2. The system cannot be used for surface removal on obstructed surfaces, such as piping, I-beams and ladders.
3. Removed media surface was not completely captured by the vacuum. Some particles were seen falling to the ground instead of being sucked into the vacuum.
4. The Brokk 250 robot needs to be placed within 20 feet from the surface to be removed.
5. The equipment cannot be effectively used on a brick surface.