FR-1 Receiver (Ferris)
Category: Characterization > Utilities Identification > Other
Reference # : Model No :
The Ferris analog receiver is great for septic tank locating with cast iron or non-metallic lines and tanks, using the FT-8 flushable transmitter. Any 512Hz transmitter from Prototek or other manufacturers will work with this receiver, letting you follow cameras, jetters and power snakes wherever they may lead you.
• The antenna rod picks up the signal from the transmitter. It also points you in the direction of the line.
• The meter indicates the strength of the peak signal (to the right) as well as the null signal (to the left).
• The sensitivity knob allows you to precisely control the receiver's response to the signal and acts as a volume control and on-off switch.
• The battery test button (red button on handle) takes the guesswork out of battery strength.
• The near/far switch is used in the "far" position when starting the locate, then switched to "near" when the signal gets stronger.
• In addition to watching the signal on the meter, you can hear it through the speaker or optional headphones.
• Runs on 6 AA Alkaline batteries.