Category: Worker Health & Safety > Personal Protective Equipment > Body Protection
Reference # : Model No :
Absorbtek specializes in radiological shielding using Silflex in tapes, pipe wraps, blankets, flooring, vest, and custom applications. Silflex is a non-toxic silicone and tungsten composite that is flexible and adaptable for many DOE and commercial nuclear power uses. A Silflex blanket is half the weight of a traditional lead blanket but provides the same attenuation and will not end up as mixed waste. Visit http://absorbtek.com/index.html to get more information on Absorbtek products. Absorbtek Silflex samples are available in the Hanford ALARA Center for your evaluation.
• Non-toxic - no mixed waste;
• Superior Shielding properties: 1/8" equal to 1 lead wool blanket;
• Lightest shielding available: 4.5 lbs per sq ft;
• Small pipe shielding - less than 1";
• Customizable - you dream it we make it real;
• Does not require Re-Sealing;
• Easy to work with - trim, cut, abrade, drill, punch;
• Highly resilient to boric acid and sodium hydroxide;
• Up to 250ºC temperature;
• Several NON-TOXIC material blends available.