Liquid Nitrogen-Cooled Diamond-Wire Concrete Cutting
Category: Dismantlement > Mechanical Cutting Equipment > Abrasive Cutter
Reference # : OST No 2107 , DOE/EM - 0392 Model No : Diamond-2107
Liquid Nitrogen-Cooled Diamond-Wire Concrete Cutter can be used to cut through thick concrete walls, floors, and structures without using water to cool the cutting wire. The diamond wire is cooled with liquid nitrogen in a 0.9 m (3 ft.) long by 7.6 cm (3in.) diameter pipe housing. The nitrogen evaporates, so no contaminated liquid waste is generated. Other than the liquid nitrogen, the system is a conventional diamond-wire saw assembly with remote hydraulic controls. The diamond-wire is made of 6.4 mm (0.25in.) aircraft-quality steel cable with diamond impregnated beads. Each diamond-Impregnated bead is separated from the next by a spring, and three-bead/spring combinations are each separated by a 3,629 kg (8,000 lb) pressure brass crimp.
A 50-hp hydraulic pump drives a hydraulic motor that powers the diamond-wire saw-drive wheel.
Dimensions of Tech Model (LxWxH): Drive unit- Not Available
60 in. x 32 in. x 48 in.(electric/hydraulic unit)
3ft. diameter (drive wheel)
Weight of Tech Model (lb): Drive unit- Not Available
1,500 (electric/hydraulic unit)
200 (drive wheel)
* Reduces or eliminates the production of potentially contaminated wastewater or slurry
* Equipment is quick to install
* Unit can be operated remotely
* Unit produces a smooth cut
* Unit requires about 10 min. to move for the next cut
* Equipment produces dust that must be controlled
* The face area that can be cut by the technology is limited to 27 sq. ft.
* Production rate is lower than the production rate for water cooled diamond-wire
* Nitrogen wire shows increased wear when compared to the baseline water-cooled diamond-wire
Diamond Wire Saw
Electric/hydraulic power unit.